Here is another group of recent finds practically all of which have been on Norfolk Southern.
1. MRMX (Midwestern Railcar Corp) hopper 140084 rapid-discharge, rotary coupler hopper on the Indiana Railroad at Jasonville IN. 09-19-2014. Jasonville IN.
2. FMTX (Freedom Metals Inc) gon 8311 is ex-JTIX 100108, nee-CEPX 1485. It is passing through Williamson WV on 01-05-2019 on an eastbound NS freight. Freedom Metals is headquartered in Louisville and has several metal recycling locations in central Kentucky. Williamson WV.
3. FURX (Wells Fargo Rail) hopper 931638 on w/b 757-17 (Belews Creek NC to Williamson-Big Omer Mine) at Devon WV. Note the red cardinal logo. This car is ex-DEEX 8670. Devon WV.
4. FURX hopper 932255 is ex RWSX 7256, nee-CEFX 64740. The cardinal again! Devon WV.
5. FURX hopper 939535 is ex-CMIX 240. Devon WV.
6. WFRX hopper 935542 is ex-BUKX 120937, ADLX 120937 nee BNBX 120937. Another bird! Devon WV.
7. TILX (Trinity Leasing) hopper 421673 is ex GALX 8212. Devon WV.
8. MILX (Wells Fargo Rail) hopper 25098 is ex-RWSX 25098. That bird again! I don’t know the significance of these cars from various lessors having this cardinal logo, although I’ve seen other trains with these marked cars. Devon WV.
9. NS gon 12314 was TILX 10052, AEPX 10052 and COEH 10052. A group of these were stored at Naugatuck WV, on the Lenore Branch on 02-14-2019. NS evidently got a bargain on these. 4402 cubic feet. Built by Trinity 06-2004. Naugatuck WV.
10. NS gon 12376 came as TILX 10125 but had the same number as AEPX and COEH. Note “Fixed Coupler” is on all of these cars. Built by Trinity 07-2004. Naugatuck WV.
11. NS gon 12410 is ex-TILX 43445. Its load limit is 244,300 lbs, 4402 cubic feet and was built by Trinity 03-2008. Naugatuck WV.
12. NS gon 42974 was TILX same number. Load limit is 244,300 lbs, volume is 4402 cubic feet, and it was built by Trinity 12-2007. Naugatuck WV.
13. No, this car is not “NSLX.” NS gon 43647 is identical to the rest of these TILX cast-offs, but was built 02-2008. Naugatuck WV.
14. NS gon 43875 was built by Trinity in 02-2008. Naugatuck WV.
15. NS MW 999900 was built for N&W in 08-1957. It is in the maintenance-of-way fleet now, but I’m not sure what it is used for. Naugatuck WV.
16. NS MW 999900. View 2. Naugatuck WV.
All for now.
My thanks for Car Shaver to help sort out the interesting history of these cars. Obviously the big electric utilities like AEP (AEPX), Louisville Gas & Electric (BUKX), Detroit Edison (DEEX) and Southern Company (RWSX, GALX) are thinning their coal carrying fleets.