1. SBD 7279 and ex-C&O 5352 at the north end of the loco shop. 06-19-1988. CSX Corbin KY.
2. Practically brand new CSX C40-8s 7520-7522-7521 leave the service building for the south end of the yard. 09-17-1989. CSX Corbin KY.
3. CSX 7521. CSX Corbin KY.
4. CSX 7521. View 2. The paint still has a gloss to it! CSX Corbin KY.
5. CSX 7213 et al are parked at the south end of an empty track in the west yard. Note the yardmaster’s tower. CSX Corbin KY.
6. CSX U30Cs 7219-7272-7227 will leave later on a southbound coal train. CSX Corbin KY.
7. CSX 7219. CSX Corbin KY.
8. CSX 2519 GP38-2 and slug 1021 work the east yard. CSX Corbin KY.
9. 3260 pulls loads out of the east yard. The Arch Coal preparation plant (former U. S. Steel) is in the background. CSX Corbin KY.
10. CSX 2519-1021 switch at the north end of the yard. Those URDX (ex-Rock Island) hoppers were used on Lynch shuttle trains. CSX Corbin KY.
11. View of the south end of the yard. The main line signal on the far left is “Bacon Creek.” The engine in the distance is working in the east yard. 09-17-1989. CSX Corbin KY.
12. BQ23 3003 was no beauty, but the idea of a large cab seemed valid for a local freight. I can’t say for sure, but it seemed they were never specifically used for that purpose. 10-22-1990. CSX Corbin KY.
13. SDP35s 4539-4543 switch at the south end of the east yard. CSX Corbin KY.
14. 7068-7072-8067 shove a loaded “Lynch” back into Arch Coal’s yard. CSX Corbin KY.
15. Having changed crews, piggyback train R141 throttle up behind “pig boats” 5872-5916-5824. The division office is on the right. 10-23-1990. CSX Corbin KY.
16. CSX 5872. CSX Corbin KY.
17. Next stop is Etowah TN. CSX Corbin KY.
18. CSX B36-7 5840 with C40-8W 7654 depart Corbin with northbound empty auto rack train S212 (2nd section). 11-21-1993. CSX Corbin KY.
19. In the early morning CSX 2519-1021 work as a yard engine. CSX Corbin KY.
20. I have 8950-7259-7266-6547-8963 noted on my slide as being retired, but I’m not positive. CSX Corbin KY.
21. CSX C40-8W 7824 gets checked in CSX’s “Load Evaluation Center.” 11-21-1993. CSX Corbin KY.
22. HLCX 6082, CSX 113, RLCX 8564-8561 and HLCX 6808 are parked at the south end of the diesel shop. Helm Leasing Corp. 6082 is ex-KCS SD40 610. Helm calls it a SD40M-3. 06-13-2004. CSX Corbin KY.
23. RLCX (Railway Equipment Leasing aka Relco) B39-8Es 8564-8561 are ex-LMX. They were leased to BN for a long time. Helm 6808 is ex-NS nee-N&W C30-7 8026. Helm calls it a C36-7E. CSX Corbin KY.
All for now.