1. CSX 488-435-3394 e/b mine run C661-10 passing site of old Umet Mine (Chaparral Coal) near FO Cabin KY, just south of Pikeville KY. 11-10-2018.
2. Abandoned CSX bridge at Levisa Jct KY. All track has been removed since sale of Pompey spur (fka Levisa Subdivision), renovation of bridge, closure of tipple and removal of all structures. All of this followed CSX’s downgrading of Big Sandy and Clinchfield routes in October 2015. 11-11-2018. Levisa Jct KY.
3. CSX 345-384 with Q692-12 westbound at the east end of Pauley with 45 cars. When the days are short you just bump up the ISO on a digital camera to get an image at 5:42 PM on a short autumn day. 11-14-2018. EE Pauley KY.
4. CSX 106-5104-493 arrive west end of Shelby with 92-car grain train G691-14 on 11-16-2018. The “Santa Train” is positioned on the main line for its annual run to Kingsport the following morning. Shelby KY.
5. CSX 106-5105-483. Shelby KY.
6. CSX 106-5105-483. View 2. Shelby KY.
7. After a crew change, G691-14 rumbles east at Draffin KY on the way to Kingsport TN. CSX 106-5105-483.
8. Another shot at Federal KY, just north of Elkhorn City. CSX 106-5105-483. 11-16-2018.
9. CSX Clear signal on #2 track at FO Cabin KY for a westbound leaving Shelby. 11-18-2018.
10. Shortly CSX 3296-394-8609-9038 head west with Q692 and 34 cars. FO Cabin KY.
11. CSX 3296-394-8608-9038. View 2. FO Cabin KY.
12. CSX GP38-2 2709 looks to be equipped with an air conditioning unit on the cab roof. Shelby KY. 12-11-2018.
13. CSX 761-262-3104 arrive Shelby KY with a westbound X692-10. X692 has 29 loads and 12 empties. 12-11-2018.
14. X692-10 heads to Russell with a new crew. CSX 761-262-3104 dp. Shelby KY. 12-11-2018.
All for tonight.