1. CSX AC traction motor. Queensgate OH.
2. CSX “SD40-3” 4048. Not a beauty but better than another wide cab. Queensgate OH.
3. CSX 978 - 39. Queensgate OH.
4. CSX 2022 is a “GP38-3” that was formerly 2578. The unit was originally a L&N unit. CSX 978 - 2022. Queensgate OH.
5. CSX 978 - 2022. View 2. Queensgate diesel shop. Queensgate OH.
6. The west side of the shop with SD40-2 8252 with the servicing area in the background. CSX terminal. Queensgate OH.
7. A view of the CSX hump from the west side. Queensgate OH.
8. CSX terminal. Sanding and fueling at the CSX engine terminal. Queensgate OH.
9. CSX 8220 trim engine pulling the bowl yard and making up outbound trains. Queensgate OH.
10. CSX 8220. View 2. Queensgate OH.
11. CSX SD40-2 8220. Appears to be a remote controlled engine with a one-man crew! Queensgate OH.
12. View from the vacant trim tower of CSX 8242. Trim jobs couple cars in the bowl yard and assemble outbound trains in the departure yard. Queensgate OH.
13. CSX SD40-2 8220. This engine was later fueled by a contractor using a tanker truck and a female driver. Queensgate OH.
14. CSX MP15T 1227 and SD40-2 8432 in the support yard from the vacant trim tower. Queensgate OH.
15. View looking north from the vacant trip tower of the CSX Trans-Flo terminal. Queensgate OH.
16. Trim engines CSX 8220 and 8242 from vacant trim tower. Queensgate OH.
17. S/b NS freight behind 9487-9345. This train was mostly steel coil cars. Vacant CSX trim tower on the left. Queensgate OH.
18. Same s/b NS 9487-9345 freight passing signals at RH Tower. Queensgate OH.
19. W/b freight behind CSX 234-5290 passing “CJ” or “CT Jct.” Passing overhead is the former Southern Ry. (CNO&TP) heading into their Gest St. Yard. Cincinnati Jct OH.
From there we took Dave O’s advice and headed to Fort Washington Chile. I selected the Cincinnati Chile 5-way and didn’t regret it (well there was some heartburn later). Instead of congested I-75 we took local roads back north to West Chester, and we made it to the motel at the same time as the others who took I-75.
All for now.